Supported by 22 political parties and organizations : A day of protest in Washington DC against the recent surge of executions of political prisoners in Iran
Supported by 22 political parties and organizations :
A day of protest in Washington DC against the recent surge of executions of political prisoners in Iran
Supporters of freedom!
Defenders of human rights!
Once again, the reactionary and inhumane regime of the Islamic Republic of Iran has shamelessly and fearlessly embarked on a new wave of killings and executions of innocent and brave sons and daughters of this country.
In recent weeks and months, the regime has begun a new wave of executions of political prisoners- and it seems that – the killing machine will likely to continue. This is whilst the new government of Rouhani had promised the betterment of general conditions for all Iranians, especially the oppressed nationalities.
The overall conditions of Iranian people have drastically worsened since the rise to power of the clerics following the revolution in 1979; however, nationalities under twofold oppression have suffered immense injustice and oppression under this regime. Regrettably, once more the killing machine of this menace regime has gone full speed and a number of Balochi, Ahwazi Arabs and Kurds have been put on death row; a clear indication of this regime’s culminating antagonism against these oppressed nationalities.
Currently, there are dozens of Arab, Balochi and Kurdish political prisoners, languishing in Iranian regime’s prisons, unjustly condemned to death in hasty trials without due legal process. The international community should not choose silent in the wake of executions and repression, fearing possible “derailment” of negotiations with the regime on its nuclear issue, the export of terrorism and interference in the affairs of neighboring and regional countries, among other issues.
We the signatories, while condemning these heinous crimes and unwarranted oppression of the people of Iran by the regime , stand with the legitimate demands and rightful aspirations of the people of Iran for freedom and democracy, with all its Turkmen, Arab, Balochi, Kurdish, Turkish and Persian population included. We therefore urge the international community, world public opinion and international institutions to seek a legal and binding solution to stop these acts and policies of the regime of Islamic Republic of Iran without delay.
Thus, we also appeal to the freedom-loving people of Washington capital Region to participate in a protest organized for this sombre occasion, to be held on:
Tuesday 12 November 2013 from 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM in front of the US Department of State at 2201 C Street NW Washington, DC 20520.
- ABS Community Research, Inc,
- Ahwaz Human Rights Organization
- Akbar Mohammadi Foundation for Human Rights and Democracy
- American Baloch Council
- Balochistan Peoples’ Party
- Balochistan Society for Human Rights
- Change Movement, USA
- Congress of Nationalities for Federal Iran, US Chapter
- Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan, USA
- Democratic Solidarity Party of Ahwaz
- Democratic Women’s Union of Iranian Kurdistan, USA
- Iran Roundtable
- Komala Party of Iranian Kurdistan, North America
- Kurdish American Committee for Democracy and Human Rights in Iran (KACDHRI)
- Kurdistan Democratic Party – USA Committee
- Kurdistan Democratic Party ( Iraq ) – US and Canada
- Kurdish Human Rights Watch, USA
- Komala Party of Kurdistan – USA
- Leadership Council for Human Rights
- Patriotic Union of Kurdistan ( Iraq ) – US Chapter
- Peace and Democracy Party, BDP USA (Turkey)
- World Institute for Development & Peace